Friday, July 23, 2010

33 Years Ago...

On this date 33 years ago I was walking down the ailse with my Daddy.


Being the football coach that he was, he kept asking me if I was sure if I wanted to do this. "It's still the 4th quarter; we can still kick a field goal and get outta here!" He had me laughing and crying at the same time. That's why I love this picture. It shows emotion. ...and look at my Daddy's boots!

Before this day and before I met Bob, I used to always believe that a girl would always have some doubt about getting married and and the assurance that it would be a forever marriage....after all, the divorce rate was high; people changed. But I also very vividly remember thinking and saying out loud that day 33 years ago that I was sure this was right. I had no doubt that we would have a forever marriage.

And by the grace of God, it has been and is a forever marriage.

I love you, Robert Wayne Spies.
Thank you for making me your wife.

2 comments:

  1. And thank you for being such an example to all of us! Happy anniversary!

    And for the record - my daddy carried on that "we can still punt" tradtition - and I was (and am!) sure, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently dad liked chris better than bret because i don't remember him telling me that... or maybe it's because i had already spent too much on the wedding. :) just kidding bret!

    ReplyDelete