Monday, August 9, 2010

Goodness and Mercy

Funny how if you're not in too big of a hurry, memories can flood your mind. My memories are good ones this morning. Granbury Church of Christ publishes a daily devotional email 6 days a week, and I try to read them every day (but in all honesty, miss about as many days as I succeed).

Today I did get to it. It's scripture focus was Psalm 23. That's a familiar passage, I know, but just in case you're a little fuzzy, here's the last verse of that chapter:

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

My Daddy had 2 blue heeler dogs. Their names? Goodness and Mercy. Why? "surely Goodness and Mercy shall follow me...." Wish I had a picture.

My Daddy had many funnies like that.

1 comment:

  1. We were talking about that just the other day. I think about him everytime I read that verse, too.

    ReplyDelete